Preschool Power – Summer 2019
For preschool aged children
A small social-intensive group program for children who are preschool-age. The focus is on developing classroom participation skills, effective communication skills, and appropriate peer interactions using circle time, supported play, movement activities, crafts, and a snack. The program is limited to six children per session. It is co-led by a Speech Therapist and Occupational Therapist, with the assistance of graduate students and/or volunteers. We always have at least one therapist or volunteer for every two children.
This group will meet three mornings a week, for two hours each day. The sessions are offered in three-week blocks.
- Encouraging use of age-appropriate language to communicate wants and needs.
- Improving ability to follow verbal directions.
- Encouraging appropriate social interactions in a small-group setting.
- Exploring sensory strategies that are useful in supporting behavioral organization.
- Improving engagement and attention for age-appropriate fine- motor and visual motor tasks.
- Session 1: June 11th – June 27th
- Session 2: July 9th – July 25th
- Session 3: July 30st – August 15th
Days: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Time: 9:30am to 11:30am
Total Cost: $1,200 per 3-week session.
These services are billed as Occupational and/or Speech Therapy services and many parents receive partial reimbursement from their insurance companies.
To register, submit a paper or electronic form with a $150 registration fee to hold your child’s spot. This fee will go towards the total cost of the group program.
If your child is not attending therapy sessions at Emerge, we will be in touch with you to set up a brief free screening to determine if this program is a good match for your child.