Preschool Power – Winter/Spring 2019
For preschool aged children
A small social-intensive group program for children who are preschool-age. The focus is on developing classroom participation skills, effective communication skills, and appropriate peer interactions using circle time, supported play, movement activities, crafts, and a snack. The program is limited to six children per session. It is co-led by a speech therapist and Occupational Therapist.
- Encouraging use of age-appropriate language to communicate wants and needs.
- Improving ability to follow verbal directions.
- Encouraging appropriate social interactions in a small-group setting.
- Exploring sensory strategies that are useful in supporting behavioral organization.
- Improving engagement and attention for age-appropriate fine-motor and visual motor tasks.
When: Wednesdays, January 23rd – May 22nd
Time: 1:00-2:00 PM COST: $100 per session
To register, submit a paper or electronic form. Early registration is strongly encouraged as this program fills quickly.
Children are expected to attend every session (barring illness), as the sessions build on each other and group dynamics are an important component. These services are billed as Occupational and/or Speech Therapy services and many parents receive partial reimbursement from their insurance companies.
If your child is not attending therapy sessions at Emerge, we will be in touch with you to set up a brief free screening to determine if this program is a good match for your child.